Must have at least three (5) years’ experience in the same position in a 4/5 star hotel
- Relevant tertiary qualification at a hotel school or similar would be an advantage
- Liaise with all clients, ascertaining their requirements and co-ordinating these needs to ensure the successful execution of the function.
- Show clients the various facilities available, advising and of the various options.
- To monitor and control provisional and confirmed function bookings, and ensure that no double bookings occur.
- To up-date function sheet and advise all departments once confirmation of the function is received.
- To ensure that all necessary requirements as per guests/group have been ordered and are in position and in working order.
- To ensure that all payments are received before the event and afterwards if any money is outstanding.
- To ensure that all charges have been charged to the clients/organizers.
- To ensure rooming list are captured on the system with all the correct details.
- Must be well-organized and have strong administrative skills
- Must have strong customer relations and communication skills
- Must be familiar with conferencing aspects such as conference bookings, rooming lists, function sheets, site inspections, pre-planning and pre-conference meetings
- Relevant experience in F&B and Banqueting an advantage
- Be able to work on the Apex reservations system, or similar
- Must be familiar with general office duties such as filing and copying:
- Work with the Executive Chef to co-ordinate specific food requirements
- Must have a good understanding of different conference and function set-ups
- Must be able to communicate with managers on all levels
- Must be able to maintain set standards, be able to handle pressure
- Organise and execute various bridal shows, conferences and functions
- Must be able to work over weekends as per business demands
Email updated CV with recent professional head and shoulders photo to email@example.com. We also require written references, qualifications, and recent pay slip